Sunday, August 19, 2018

Time to go BIGGER

I finally finished all my Flutterby blocks, but I think I need to go bigger.  As it now stands, all sewn together the quilt would measure 72" x 96" (once the final scrappy white border is included, which I haven't yet laid out below). 
Note to self - make it a priority to put up a design wall; this designing on the floor is for the birds!
If I add two more columns of blocks (28 blocks), it would measure 84" x 96", which is a much more usable size, don't ya think?  I'm donating the quilt to a silent auction fundraiser this fall, but to be honest, I think I'm going to bid on it.  I just love its scrappy loveliness!  And at the larger size, it would work perfectly on my bed!

I'm linking up with Oh Scrap and Monday Making.

9 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A gorgeous quilt! My daughter ALWAYS tells me I need to make my quilts bigger, but sometimes I'm over it, or haven't any more blending fabric, or I simply like the quilt the size it is! Wonder if you will indeed go bigger :)

Julie Fukuda said...

I am now dithering over how big to make a scrap quilt I am working on. It needs borders but that might make it too big. I like the way those scraps work together.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have not made a big quilt in ages. Go big or go home! I’m looking forward to seeing what you decide to do. Your scraps always look great!

Jayne said...

That is a beautiful quilt! I love the motion and flow of it. And those blocks...are gorgeous!

mpv61 said...

Let other people bid on it, and plan on making one for yourself in the future. You can even start making some of the blocks when you make these additional ones now. Sometimes when I make a quilt for a raffle/auction, I make double the blocks at the time, or cut double the squares/strips needed, so I can make a second one quickly, for myself or another raffle/auction.

It's lovely!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This is such a lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looks great. I've started making quilts for my family reunion. I'm making 2 of each quilt, one for the auction, to help pay for the next reunion, and one for me, since I made both quilts, and I don't want to bid on my own quilt.

Sharon said...

One of my favorite quilt patterns and it is on my bucket list! Yours is gorgeous!

CARMEN said...

Lovely and adorable quilt can you share the patten name , please
Thank you happy quilting