- I transferred 11 patches from one boy scout shirt to another. Pure tedium. I hate using invisible thread almost as much as I hate sewing things onto sleeves. Put the two together and - UGH!
- I hand embroidered a recipient's name onto a quilt her grandmother made her. Fun, but fiddly. I prefer to do hand embroidery BEFORE a project is finished, sandwiched and quilted. I had to be careful to make sure I only went through the top layer of the quilt, not all the way to the back. I turned out really nice, but, of course, I forgot to take a photo.
- I made some tooth fairy pillows for my nephew since he has his first ever loose tooth. They chose the brown one, so I guess I'll sell the green one since all my other tooth fairy pillows have sold out.
|Tooth Fairy Pillow|
|Back of Tooth Fairy Pillow where tooth/money goes|
|They chose this one for my nephew|
|I wonder how much teeth will cost in their household.|
|We all know by now that my favorite color is orange, right?|
|It currently measures 16" x 22".|
Do they want to be a mini/doll quilt? This is about the right size for an American Girl doll, right? Or are they the start of an Orphan Quilt since I somehow lost the Orphan quilt I finished in July 2010. I don't even have photos of it anymore. :(
I have some other little things to get done before heading back to work on Tuesday.
- The person I knit the Little Avery Sweater for, along with a matching hat, has now asked for another hat for a friend. I'll try to get that done today and in the mail tomorrow.
- Next week's project with the after school program kids is an apron. We've done some full aprons in the past, so part of me wants to make half aprons. Anyone have a half apron pattern that they love? I hope to whip up a sample on Monday.
- And just because no weekend is complete for me without some quality reading time, I want to finish my current cozy (A Novel Time To Die - A Black Cat Bookshop mystery) and spend some more time with Claire and Jamie in Dragonfly in Amber (the second of the Outlander series). Last weekend I read The Cat, The Sneak and The Secret, the latest of the Cats in Trouble mysteries. If you like cozies and you haven't read those, the protagonist is a quilter - BONUS!