Yesterday, I was clearing everything out of my car in preparation for getting it detailed today. (YAY!!! Right now it is icky. It is my fault for letting the kiddos eat and drink in the car, but we spend so much time in the car, it seems unfair to not allow it.) Anyway, I noticed that my Sun Visor CD Holder straps were all stretched out and that it just hung from the visor, probably partially impeding my vision. I need a new one. I know they are only about $1 to buy, but where is the fun in that? So I made one.
It took me much longer than it probably should have - perhaps I should have looked online for a pattern. But I like figuring things out on my own. If I were to make another one, I would
- make more CD slots (mine only has 9, but that is because of how I wanted the pattern repeat of the fabric on the pockets),
- use one pieces of bias binding all the way around instead of binding each side separately (and make curved edges to help facilitate that),
- use wider elastic straps on the back (I just used what I had at home),
- and use a slightly firmer base inside (the cardboard I used is about cereal box thickness and it feels a tad bit flimsy to me).
Does anyone else even still use CDs? I know I'm a dinosaur. I don't use my dishwasher. I prefer to hang my clothes on the line instead of putting them in the dryer. And I don't have an Ipod or music on my phone. Instead, I rotate my CDs every so often. Right now, it is heavy on the country:
- 2 Sugarland CDs (the 2nd & 3rd, don't really like the 1st)
- 2 Joe Nichols CSs (the 1st & 2nd, don't really like the 3rd - and isn't he CUTE!)
- 1 Sara Evans Greatest hits
- Norah Jones (the debut album)
- Darius Rucker (the debut country album - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!)
- The Dixie Chicks - Wide Open Spaces (one of my favorite albums of all time)
- Bobby Brown - (my kids love him - I did, too, until we listened to him for the 4 millionth time!)