Monday, August 13, 2018

I finally got a chance to SEW!

WOW!  This summer has been an adventure!  I didn't plan any big trips, but I've spent time with family and friends in New Hampshire, enjoyed a long weekend on Martha's Vineyard, caught up with my college roommates and their kiddos in Vermont, hosted some Virginia friends here in my home - and to top it all off, I moved!  It's no wonder that it has been WEEKS since I have sewn!  But I've been feeling the itch, so today, I squirreled myself away in my new office/sewing room and SEWED!

My temperature quilt is up to date through the end of July.
This is actually only through July 22, but I have July 23-July 31 completed as well.
I hope to get caught up through present day tomorrow.  My other most pressing goal is to complete my Flutterby top before school starts in a couple weeks, as I need to get it to the long arm quilter so it can be quilted and then donated for a fundraiser. (I know, I LOVE that quilt top, but I can always make another, right?)

One thing I have been able to do throughout all this summer activity is knit.  I have finished my second Little Big Wrap (LBW), and now it just needs blocking.

This is actually a photo of the first one I made but gave away.  The one I just finished is EXACTLY the same, just not blocked yet.  Can't wait to wear it when the weather cools.
I'm linking up with Oh Scrap and Monday Making.

6 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You have had a busy summer! I bet it was nice to finally find some time to sew. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Julie Fukuda said...

I love the idea of a temperature quilt ... or maybe a weather one for the year. How big are your blocks and what criteria did you use to decide the fabrics? This really got my attention.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your temperature quilt is an interesting diary of the year. Lots of hot days in July! Still hot here...

Sounds like a busy and fun summer. Enjoy what’s left!

Laura said...

I love the way you are constructing your temperature quilt. That's been on my someday list for a while, now, and I always enjoy seeing the different ways people interpret the temperatures in fabric.

joe tulips said...

I love that temperature quilt and the way you are laying it out! Just finished mine from 2016. How many blocks wide will it be? Do you end up with extra spaces?

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I hate moving. Way too much stuff in this house. This summer went by way too quickly.