Sunday, February 18, 2018

Reluctantly letting go

The frustrating search for the remaining yarn for my sweater has made it crystal clear - I have TOO MUCH STUFF!  My fabric stash is not only in my sewing room, but also in our storage unit and on shelving in the garage.  It's more than I need, and more than I can probably ever use.  As a scrap quilter, I rarely reach for yardage when it is time to make a quilt (reaching instead for pre-cut squares and strips), and as one who never wants to piece a backing (reaching instead for a wide backing), my yardage just sits and sits, appreciated, but not utilized.

It's time to let more of it go.  I started with the floral drawer, and pulled out 10 one-to-three yard cuts  to put in my ETSY shop.  Within hours, it started selling.  Bye-bye, beloved fabric...

On a happier note, I found a few moments to sew during my whirlwind weekend.  I'm up to 20 completed On Ringo Lake blocks, I'm up to date with my Temperature Quilt blocks, and I love the way the Flutterby quilt is coming along.

Here's hoping I find even more time this busy work week for both de-stashing AND sewing.

I'm linking up with Oh, Scrap and Monday Making.

4 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Don’t we all have too much stuff? I am constantly trying to reduce the amount of stuff I have, good for you for letting go!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I have an abundance, too - but that is because everyone clears out their 'stuff' and brings it to me. I think I need to hold a few improv classes and I supply the scraps.

Miaismine said...

Wow! You are courageous! I'm so glad you are able to clear out some of your fabric! Not only is my local quilt shop having a great sale, but my local yarn shop is closing...sadly...but yes, I'm purchasing a lot of fiber this year! :o

Marti said...

I have an abundance too, but I still need just one more fabric every time I make a quilt. I do have some I don't care for and should do like you and just sell it.