Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Shoo Fly Breeze?

Remember this quilt I started back in 2012 based on a photo I'd seen of Melissa Corry's Summer Breeze quilt?

Remember all the trouble I had figuring out the pattern so I went ahead and bought the pattern?  Well, someone's having a baby, so I dug through my UFOs to see what was close enough to whip together quickly.  This one won, even though I had to rip out some seams to fix some glaring mistakes (I left the little mistakes in there).
It measures 39" square (ish)

Man, I love this quilt!  Even with just seven fabrics, it makes me happy.  But now that I look at the pattern that I bought, the dimensions are not the same and my setting is different, so it isn't really a Summer Breeze quilt, just one inspired by it.  What to call it?  Shoo Fly Breeze is all that comes to mind, but that's not really an ideal name for a baby quilt.  Any ideas out there?

8 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a great quilt for a baby! Nice that you had a project ready to complete. Lucky baby!

Julie Fukuda said...

Very pretty, and what a good solution! I think that name is fitting. I wonder where the shoo fly block got it's name.

jirons42 said...

No ideas for the name but I love the quilt!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a cute quilt! I'm bad with names for most quilts, sorry.

Calicojoan said...

How about gorgeous! I love it!

Barb H said...

Love the quilt and I'm sure baby and mum will too. To me, it looks like Summer Breeze.

Janice Holton said...

I love this quilt too! I really like those little tiny patterns formed at the corners. How about Star Kissed? Since the stars have x's on them like the symbol for a kiss.

Jindi's Cottage said...

I absolutely love it, makes me happy to look at it too...might have to go find that pattern...what about Spring Breeze? I see Spring colours and new baby = new life...Spring...