Monday, March 27, 2017

String Shadows

Even though today was a day off work, it was a day full of "adult-ing".  Some of it was frustrating (meeting with my son and guidance counselor at school about him not working to potential).  Some of it was tedious (bill paying, bookkeeping, completing a micro loan application).  Some of it was easy but time consuming (post office, buying county decals for our cars, shopping for supplies).  Some of it was downright scary (learning that a good friend has cancer).  When I finally made it home at the end of the day, all I wanted to do was sew.  I queued up an audiobook and dumped out a new bag of scraps from a guild friend and set out to make my own version of that string shadow quilt I found last week.

The blocks aren't sewn together into rows yet and are just sitting on some background fabric, but what fun I am having!  I need to focus on actually QUILTING some quilts, but I'll be darned if I don't just want to piece tops these days.  My goal is a 6 x 8 quilt plus borders, I think.  We'll see.

I'm linking up with Oh, Scrap and Monday Making.

3 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Sounds like a challenging and full day. You definitely needed that time in the sewing room to decompress and you put it to good use! Your 3D string blocks look great. Take care. Gail

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great start to that quilt. Sometimes, when life gives you lemons, you just need to piece, not complete things. It helps you to stay sane, which is a good thing.

Julie Fukuda said...

I agree completely with Cheryl! And the quilt will remain and give you joy long after those annoying things are forgotten.