Monday, October 24, 2016

Starburst

I have two design walls, but all my photos lately have been taken on the floor!  Time to clear up room on the design wall!  Rather than pull things off and put them with my other UFOs,
My smaller design wall has had these left over comfort quilt blocks on it since June!
I took the time to FINISH something!  Woo hoo!
I think I should have switched the yellow and green blocks in the lower right corner.  Is it worth unstitching?
What on earth took me so long?  I love this quilt top!  At 50" square, it seems a good size for a new baby.  Hmmm...who do I know who is pregnant?

I'm linking up with Monday Making and Oh Scrap!

10 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What a cute design! I am glad you finally sewed it up. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That's cute!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Fun way to use up your colourful scraps!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very cool quilt!!

PaulaB quilts said...

A really pretty star. I've never seen it before, so scrappy and colorful. I like the green on the corner. Being darker, it has more weight which the corner can use, whereas the yellow would sort of fade off the edge. A terrific finish.

KaHolly said...

Oh, wow! It's great! Would make a wonderful baby blanket! At 50" square, would make a nice cuddle quilt, too! XO

Schulz Family said...

visiting from Oh Scrap link up. I love this. I have never seen this pattern before and it is stunning. What a fab job you have done of it.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh LOVE!!! That bright colors are SO great!!! and the layout - fantastci!!!

Ariane said...

This is a beautiful quilt top. Love it!

Janice Holton said...

I had to laugh. You sound SOOOO much like me. I get bored easily too and it's probably the biggest reason I am going to try to avoid doing bigger quilts now and stick with baby quilts or smaller. Hey, can I put your shadow quilt in my gallery? I know it's not finished yet but I can switch out the picture when you do get it finished. Maybe having an unfinished picture out there will motivate you?? If you prefer I don't, I won't. Just let me know! Love your wonky star finish! Scrappy beauty. Nah. Don't bother changing it. The first thing I thought when I looked at it was NOT "she should change the yellow and green corner" it was "oooo! PRETTY!!"