Thursday, June 9, 2016

Procrastinating

Thanks so much for the encouragement about my row for the Row By Row Experience.  I'm feeling much better about everything.  Now I just have to prep kits - in other words, cut, Cut, CUT!!  I admit to feeling a bit intimidated when faced by this 30 yard pile of fabric (and that's only to make 50 kits!),

so I sewed instead.  First, I pieced the May block for the Westering Women BOM by Barbara Brackman, The Platte River.

Then, when I got home after an 11 hour day at work, I treated myself to an hour of sewing at home!  I have a slight addiction to making these blocks that our Guild is making for our Comfort Quilt effort.

I haven't really liked how they look together, though, so I started playing with alternate layouts.  Perhaps some interlocking wonky stars?

We'll see.  In the meantime, I have some cutting to do.

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

As they say 'eat the elephant one bite at a time'. Pick a color and cut all of those - a color or two a day and it will be done.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cutting is my least favorite part, too. Sorry I'm not there to help you out. You'll get it done.

Jean said...

One step at a time. Break is down in small parts. So many strips from each color, and then what you need for a kit, and soon you will find a rhythm and will have kits made. Or don as first comenter said. Blessingst

Char said...

Erin, are you ok down there with all that rain? I love the wonky stars!