Sunday, January 31, 2016

Winning!

Aaahh, what a glorious day off!  I started the day by sleeping in, and then laying about while I finished reading my book.  This one was Forget Me Knot by Mary Marks, the first in a cozy quilt mystery series.

This one was a good one!  I enjoyed the characters, the plot, the quilting, everything about it!  If you like cozies, I recommend this one.  I'll be on the lookout for the next 3 books in this series.

I also spent some time attacking my scraps, cutting some up into squares and using some to make 4 more Strippy Flippy Scrappy Happy blocks - I now have 9 and the design is starting to emerge.  Love it!

Finally, I checked email and learned that I won 50 Birds In The Air blocks from this month's Block Lotto!!  Woo hoo!  I know this means I'll have another UFO to add to the pile instead of blocks going out, but I love these blocks and am happy that they will be staying with me and getting 41 new friends to play with.

I hope you all had a wonderful day as well!

4 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Yipee for winning the block lotto! Sounds like a good book for the Cozy Quilter to read...

beth s said...

Oooooh! I was so tempted to join the block lotto this month. Congratulations!

kwiltnkats said...

Sorry your photo doesn't come across on 52Quilts Parade today. I still wanted to see your project :) You are going to love that Block Lotto WIN. Looking forward to seeing more of your projects in the monthly parades. Sandi

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on winning the blocks. What fun! 41 less blocks you had to make!