Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thank goodness, it's November!

I swear, our lives have been consumed by Halloween in the Hutchinson household! First, all the angst about what to be. Then the angst about whether or not the costume parts that we ordered online would arrive on time. Then Friday night, we went to a costume party at the karate dojo. Saturday, after I worked all morning, I hosted a Halloween party for 11 scouts and siblings at my house, followed by a 5 kid sleepover for a Halloween Movie Marathon (kid Halloween movies, not THE Halloween movies). The extra kids were gone by noon on Sunday, and no one will be surprised that I spent the rest of the day laying about in bed with occasional trips to the kitchen for sustenance. I'm proud to say that I also managed to sweep floors, wash dishes and do two loads of laundry - but besides that, I was a complete slug!

Then, of course, came actual Halloween! We trick-or-treated til we couldn't trick-or-treat anymore! (Do you like my homemade rosary? The cross is cut from a cereal box and covered with red fabric. The beads are actually a red fish necklace that my son brought home from fish release day at school when they released the trout babies that they were raising in a tank at school.)

We will have candy until my children have children! The kids are thrilled, but all I can think about is my non-existent willpower. (sigh) Pass me another Snickers, will you?

Today, I am happy to put the costumes away, and head home after school/work to SEW! I already warned the kids that I wasn't leaving the house this afternoon or evening. Today is for me! I wonder what I will sew today...

And thank you to everyone who voted for Jason's Halloween quilt this weekend. He didn't win, but he was so tickled to see that he got votes and came in 5th!

6 comments:

Janet said...

You make a very beatific looking nun.

Lane said...

Why, Sister Erin Ignatius, that is a very pious look on your face. Y'all look like you had a blast. I do not know how you get so much done! Lane

Shay said...

We all know how wicked you really are under that rosary Erin! You're not fooling anyone.

You all look fabulous and I predict that the candy will be long gone by the time you're a grandmother....

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What great costumes!! I don't know where you get all of your energy. Just reading about your weekend makes me tired. Congrats to Jason!!

Wendy said...

What kind of creature was the other costume? It looks pretty scary. Don't forget to put your Snickers in the freezer. They are sooo much better that way.

Julie Fukuda said...

You have just reminded me how happy I am that my kids are all grown up! I did get calls from my kids and I could hear the sugar high grands in the background. You earned that day to rest.