Monday, August 9, 2010

Just another day in paradise

Mother Nature pulled out all the stops and gave us a breathtakingly beautiful weekend! I spent quite a bit of yesterday outside, doing more laundry (did the final wash of my Bright Future quilt - after Show and Tell this weekend, it will be winging its way across the country to a new baby, due in September, so I couldn't resist taking a final photo of it),


checking out the fort the kids built in the woods behind our house,

picking blackberries (what a long, plentiful season this has been!), and going down to the creek with the kids to splash around,




(Water-bending like Aang in The Last Airbender - he was so disappointed when it didn't work)

While inside, I cleaned bathrooms (YUCK!) but only so I wouldn't feel guilty about the time I spent birthing my Christmas Tree Skirt (no more photos until it is done, hopefully by Thursday), sewing together a couple of rows of the ribbon quilt ( I VOW to have the top finished by Show and Tell on Saturday!) and playing with my 1.5" scraps. Yesterday I chose blue.


Judging from my inclination to create the short words first, can you guess what color I'll be working on next?

To round out the evening, I watched my Netflix movie, Up in the Air, while hand quilting, a little on my 4th of July Tablerunner and a little on my Christmas Tree Skirt. A perfect day!

6 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Your quilt looks great hanging there on the line. I am sure the new baby will love it. So your boys like Airbender. I saw it and liked it too. It is so hot here we can't go outside for long. Yesterday at one time it was 103...come on September!

Rhoda said...

Your quilt is so cheery, I'm sure the baby will love it. The quilting on that is wonderful! Your boys have such a great place to grow up!

Janet said...

Beautiful baby quilt. Love your quilting.

Kim said...

There is nothing as good as playing in the creek......love the goggles for ankle deep water :0)

Happy sewing

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun weekend!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

gorgeous quilt, gorgeous quilting, and gorgeous kiddos!