Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happiness is...

Happiness is meeting your nephew for the first time. It wasn't as hard as I had imagined it would be, in light of what I had gone through just two days before. My sister was a gem and let me hold him as long as I wanted. I love babies!

Eventually, I let the boys have a turn...


Happiness is seeing a quilt you have made being used. When I showed up at my sister's house, the Dresden Plate quilt I made her was on the bed I was to sleep in, and she was in a rocker, nursing Dorian with his Bright Idea quilt draped over the two of them. Just what a quilter wants to see!

Happiness is getting an unexpected pedicure from your niece - it is nice to be pampered!


Happiness is watching your husband teach your just-turned-5-year-old how to ride a bike with no training wheels. Just in time, too, because we are currently on Martha's Vineyard on vacation - no car, just bikes, heaven!


Happiness is watching your kids frolic in the waves. I was a bit sad because I'm not allowed to go swimming yet, but when I put my feet in the water, all of a sudden I was happy to have an excuse to not get in that frigid water!



Happiness is coming across your child asleep, worn out from an 8 mile bike ride plus 3 hours in the sun and surf.


Happiness is realizing you can feel happiness again after something sad happens in your life. Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

That baby is so sweet, but Erin, your boys are gorgeous! Such lovely little faces and beautiful eyes. Sending good wishes and hugs your way.

Auntie Em said...

I'm so glad to see this post from you, Erin. I've been thinking about you all week and hoping that you were doing okay.

Sam said...

:-) Happiness is reading this blog entry :-)

Becky said...

It's so good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you. I think you are on the road to recovery....
Dorian is precious, and you know I can't get enough pics of your wonderful guys! Have a fantastic vacation, you all deserve it!

Chris said...

So sorry for your loss - we've never met, yet I so feel your pain. Wishes for healing to you and your family~

Char said...

You've been on my mind. I'm very happy to see this post. Enjoy your vacation. It's good to see you all smilling.

Only a child could sleep in that position!

Judi said...

Erin, have a fabulous vacation up in the vineyard. When we get up every day we have a choice of how to look at life. You have been surrounded by your blessings. Love you!

Shirley said...

I've been thinking of you all week too, every time I look at the posts and see that you haven't posted again. I was so glad to read this one. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time and just what you need right now.. lots of happiness.

Shay said...

Just what you need. Family time. Relax, enjoy and heal.

Thinking of you .

P.S. Your boys are adorable as is that nephew of yours !

Em said...

Sending you love and thank you for the happiness you bring into my life! What a blessed family to have you as their mom and wife. Love you!!!!