Friday, June 11, 2010

Baby on the brain

Not only am I pregnant, my younger sister had her first baby last week. Meet my new nephew, Dorian - isn't he a cutie!



So, I definitely have babies on the brain. Yesterday, I wanted a quick project, and bibs seemed like a good place to start. I've never made one before, but I have so much novelty fabric and they seemed pretty quick and easy...


I particularly like the one with all the kids eating.


With the fourth of July coming up, I'd love to start having some seasonal decorations around the house. Other than Jason's Halloween quilt from last year, I don't have any seasonal decorations. Inspired by something I saw on someone's blog (and can no longer find to reference!), I threw together this table runner, which I hope to quilt during my next road trip and then bind in red.


I'd like to make some placemats as well. I have to admit, now that I have a funtioning sewing machine to use, I've been neglecting my hand projects. I'm still quilting my Bright Futures quilt, but I got quite a bit done at the drive-in movie last night (Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Letters to God, but I was exhausted and we had to leave after the first feature), and I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, so I'm likely to get some stitches done then. Plus, I still haven't sandwiched and tied my Orphan Block quilt. So much to do, so little time...

11 comments:

Rhoda said...

Your nephew is a beautiful baby! He looks like he isn't tiny. I got to see my newest grandson yesterday while my daughter and I made strawberry jam. He has a really round face and when he laughs his eyes disappear because his cheeks push up against them. he will be 6 months next week. Your table runner is very cute! I really like it.

Char said...

Oh what a beautiful big boy! I bet your Mom is very excited with allthe new grands coming. Love the bibs and the tablerunner.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Nothing like a new baby, he is cute. Congratulations on your coming baby. I made a lot of bibs several years ago for a friend and they were a lot of fun to do.

Becky said...

Dorian is just adorable! I just love little babies!! I like the runner very much! It will be very festive for the 4th!

Shay said...

Welcome little Dorian. What a cutie.

Love your bibs. I made 25 of those when my daughter was pregnant with my grandson. (I was so sick of bibs by the time I was finished I told her not to bother having any more children....naturally I was totally kidding)

jan said...

Hello Dorian, welcome to the big wide world. You have a wonderful Auntie you know, she is going to supply you with a friend near your own age very soon!!!!!
He is gorgeous. Just like yours will be and are of course.

Cheryl Willis said...

congrats on the rug rat!
I have made a few baby bibs the past couple of years. Start now and save the scraps for a one of a kind quilt. It will match which ever bib the kids wears! cw

Judi said...

Welcome Dorian! Wonderful bibs and love the holiday spirit. I'm looking forward to making some of holiday when I'm in my new location.

Shirley said...

First of all a huge congratulations!! How exciting. I bet the boys are excited too. Love your bibs and I especially love your tablerunner. You could make placemats with one of those blocks on each. It would make the table (picnic table) look great for the 4th. Thanks for the birthday wishes too.

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Erin, Dorian is adorable.. congrats to your sister.. the little bibs turned out cute.. Love the table runner too.. I made one this weekend too, I will try and post it tomorrow...

Nancy said...

I like your very patriotic colors in the table runner. Would using table runners keep stuff from collecting on the table? If so, I should definitely try it!