Monday, October 5, 2009

No buy = no problem!

With generous and thoughtful quilter friends, this scrap quilter has no problems not spending money on fabric. Here's my latest bounty - a bagful of scraps from my quilter friend, Judi. Thanks for thinking of me, Judi! This was a long and miserable Monday, and receiving the scraps was the only bright spot until after work when I was able to spend time with my family.



Even though I have new scraps to play with, I haven't sewn yet. I arrived home on Saturday afternoon, and within 2 hours I was off to a cub scout campout with my boys. Fun, fun, fun!



Then, Sunday involved karate, some housework, and a sneak preview in our new home theater which is VERY CLOSE to being completed. We may never go to the movies again!
I am packed up (again!) and hit the road in the morning. Next weekend, however, I am determined to sew!





5 comments:

My name is Riet said...

Wow, those scraps are fantastic. And so great you went camping with your boys. LOve the little fisherman.
Take care on the road again.
Riet

Auntie Em said...

I bet the boys were really happy to see you, and you were a great sport to turn right around and go camping with them.
Great score on the scraps. Hope you get a chance to work with them when you come back.
No more ankle twisting on this trip, okay?

-Auntie Em

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Love all those scraps. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Kim said...

So the ankle is better? Hope so :0)
I hope you took some time to sit and fish too....you could use some "down time".
Have fun with those yummy scraps.
Happy Sewing

Shirley said...

Great scraps. Is your ankle better? You didn't say. Camping with your boys looks like fun. Actually, your whole life, aside from your job, looks/sounds like fun.