Friday, April 9, 2021

Mixing and matching

After shipping off a bunch of orphan blocks and making progress cutting up and stitching up my scraps, I feel like I'm on a roll!  I'm loving the way the Modified Rail Fence is looking (I need a name, maybe Barbed Wire Fence?)

And the making the little 4-patches in a square is eating through the 2" squares that I am cutting from my scraps.

And while clearing out some orphan blocks, I came across the extra border blocks I had from when I did Sew Many Strips.  I loved that border, and I've been cutting 1.5" strips, so I thought, "hey, maybe I can use this as a border for one of my current projects..."  I auditioned it with my 4-patches in a square, and I like it!

I mailed off the completed X-Pop quilt to the baby who was born just about a month ago.  Simple, straight-line quilting and a batik backing.  I'm sorry to see this one go...but I think I say that about all the baby quilts I make.  I hope the recipient family likes it and uses it.  


There are two more babies on the way this summer - what to make next???  Maybe something like these bright, fun, bear paw blocks I made for my April Bee Blocks?

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Love the baby quilt, the bear paws will make lovely baby quilt. Your modified 4 patches look wonderful with the border. So is the rail fence quilt! So much inspiration today, happy stitching!

The Cozy Quilter said...

You have such wonderful scraps! I love making baby quilts...big enough to try out a new block or technique without taking tons of time .

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome scrappy quilts in the works, Erin!! I have few things to finish before I can transform the blocks you sent into a quilt. Until then, I've got some ideas percolating. Thanks you, again!

Nann said...

Looks as though liberating your orphanage led to a burst of creativity! That strippy border is just grand.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

YES!! I love the name Barbed Wire fence!! that is an eyecatching one!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Barbed wire is a great name for that. I like that border with the other quilt.