Monday, January 11, 2021

Minor change, but it makes me happy :)

Wow, the resumption of school REALLY cuts into one's sewing time!  I feel like I'm going through withdrawals!  But I did find a couple moments to sew this week, and used that time to make an alternate block for my modified rail fence quilt that I'm making.  Do you notice a difference?

Before - all blocks the same

After - half the blocks w/ HST flipped

I didn't like the way the neutrals switched sides as you followed the HST zig zag trail, so I am making half of the blocks with the HSTs reversed so that the neutrals stay on the same side (bottom and right) throughout one zig zag.  It probably isn't even that noticeable, but I like it better so I'm going with it.

Other than that I did cull some more yardage out of my stash this week to add to my ETSY shop:







because I knew I had a box of scraps coming my way!  


Yippee!!  I'm so much more inspired to sew with scraps than I am with yardage.

Here's hoping I can find some moments this week to sort these scraps and get to sewing!

I'm linking up with Oh Scrap and Monday Making.

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like the way you've turned the HST's the same way. It's pleasing to my eye that way. Yes, sadly work does cut into our sewing time but that makes sewing more enjoyable when we do get the time. Happy stitching!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Have fun with those scraps.

Observator said...

Interestinng thoughts