Sunday, November 15, 2020

I miss blogging!

 Working at a boarding school during a pandemic is no joke.  I thought I was busy the last three years here - ha!  I barely have time to eat or use the restroom this year!  But the first round of college applications have been submitted, so I am finally feeling like I can stop and breathe.  The students leave for an extended break on Friday, at which point I hope to spend more time reading and knitting and quilting.

I have gotten a few things done in the last few months, though, by making sure I make time for me, even if it is just 15 minutes of sewing or knitting every day.

Just today, I finished piecing a top for a friend's daughter whom she will be adopting into her family in just a few weeks.

Jewel Box Stars - 2018 Leaders & Enders Challenge by Bonnie Hunter (69.5"x69.5")

A few weeks ago I finished this baby quilt and gave it to a co-worker's new baby.

Inspired by a photo I saw on the internet (32.5" x 40.5")

I've made dozens of masks - I think this one is my son's favorite.

I love this pattern!

I knit crowns for three friends for their birthdays during long Zoom meetings.


I whipped up a couple more mini Christmas stockings for my ETSY shop.

And I am just ten LONG rows away from being finished with my Campfire Cozy Shawl.

It's too big to get a real picture until it is off the needles.  Hopefully by Thanksgiving.  I plan to curl up in this all winter long!  Here, I was knitting during Dining Hall Duty.


Looking at all of this, I'm pretty impressed with how much I got done this fall!  What's on/under your needle?  Another thing I hope to get back to during break is reading everyone else's blogs!

I am linking to Oh Scrap and Monday Making.

14 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

So many great projects! It looks to me like you have been quite productive. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

....I haven't knitted in years but all I want to do right now is knit me a crown :)

Louise said...

I love your Jewel Box Stars! Gorgeous!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have missed your blogging too! Great baby quilt. Amazing what you can get done in 15 minutes each day.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your jewel box star quilt is amazing! I hope you will have more time to spend on your projects in a few months. Thanks for doing all that you do to keep the kids learning!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I've missed your blog posts! You returned with a post full of great finishes. Congrats on the new quilt top and that baby quilt finish. Those are going to be great gifts, like your birthday crowns were! Try not to stay away SEW long next time and thank you for the mask link.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful quilts... and I love the crowns!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You've been missed! Great quilts you've made. Hope you get a nice slow down time.

PaintedThread said...

Love that baby quilt! The pattern and the colors are great!

Anne said...

I love all your projects. The knitted crowns are fantastic.
I've also been making masks (probably about 100 so far) for friends, family, and for the community. Our sewing group met outdoors until last week; sewing and knitting help to keep us going during these strange times.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

wow - I bet a boarding school in a pandemic is a challenge!! LOVE all your projects!! the crowns are too cute!

Moneik said...

Looks like you've been busy. I started the Leader/Ender too, but haven't gotten very far with it. Love the baby quilt. It's so bright and cheerful.

Best medication overnight delivery in usa said...

One necessities to recollect that Dilaudid is a drug containing Hydrocodone, which is a Schedule II Controlled Substance and has a genuine danger of fixation and misuse - subsequently making it crucial for know these safeguards before they purchase Dilaudid on the web and begin taking it.It is basic to tell your primary care physician about the items you use be it any non-medicine/doctor prescribed medication or any home grown item prior to going through an activity.

Best medication overnight delivery in usa said...

Opana ER 20 mg is an aggravation medication like a narcotic. It acts in the focal sensory system (CNS) to mitigate pain.Opana ER 20 mg is utilized to get moderate serious torment in grown-ups.The lengthy delivery type of Opana ER 20 mg is for nonstop treatment of torment. This type of Opana ER 20 mg isn't really for use dependent upon the situation for pain.and Opana buy online with discount offer. Opana ER 20 mg has a place with the opiate analgesics class of medications, and can be perceived by its octagonal(Eight Sided) shape and green tone.
https://storeonline247.com/product/opana-40mg/

Order Oxycontin online said...

You can get 41% Cashback on your first order opana 40mg online.This medicine has a spot with a class of prescriptions which are known as extensive acting opiate or sedative analgesics. People Order Opana online to get facilitated from the exacerbation effectively.
order opana 40mg online
Purchase opana 40mg online
buy opana 40mg online