Monday, July 6, 2020

New directions

I'm almost embarrassed by how many of my posts are about new starts versus finishes.  There's always a reason for a new start...but I have no good reason for not finishing things.

So, I was focusing on my Jewel Box Stars quilt when I realized I needed some more variety in my neutrals.  While seeking out more neutrals, I got to thinking about a quilt pattern on ETSY that I had pinned on my Pinterest page as something to make one day.  If I'm pulling neutrals for one quilt, I might as well pull for another quilt at the same time, right?  Well, one thing led to another.  I had to try a block out...

And then I had to make a couple more...

So, yeah, my Jewel Box Stars is back to being a Leaders and Enders quilt while I have fun with this one.  The good news is, I've unearthed lots more neutrals to use in my Jewel Box Stars...

It has rained a lot lately, which we needed.  The garden is starting to produce - yummy lettuce and snap peas and flowers so far.  When it isn't raining, I spend much of my time outside, in the shade, either in the hammock or on a quilt in the yard, reading or listening to an audiobook while I knit.  (I love summer!)

Much like with my quilting, I try to knit and crochet using up my stash rather than buying new.  So when one of my four-year-old crocheted dishcloths came out of the dryer miserably distorted and with three holes in it, I dug through my stash to find cotton to make another.
Pattern for Diagonal Dishcloth
And I had started a knit project last September that I wasn't feeling anymore, so I frogged it and started something new.
Pattern for Dressy Poncho
All in all, it has been a wonderfully crafty week for me, even if there aren't any finishes (except the dishcloth).

I'm linking up with Oh Scrap and Monday Making.

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

We NEED new projects to keep up our enthusiasm for quilting. :o))

LOVE the spacing those new blocks and the softness of your "mixed bag" approach to background fabrics. That is going to be one sweet quilt!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The new project looks great! A dishcloth is a good finish and a necessary item too. Happy stitching and enjoy those fresh veggies!

Preeti said...

Fun is the most important part - whether you get it by finding neutrals or chasing these Churn Dash blocks. The large number of neutrals adds richness to the quilt. Cute dishcloth :-) The hammock and the lush green garden in the background is oh so inviting. Stay safe. Hugs from afar.

Nann said...

Oh, I do like the way the churn dashes float! I've seen the technique with stars but hadn't made the connection with other block shapes. (Badly-needed rain is in tomorrow's forecast for us.)

Kate said...

No one says you have to have finishes. I think there is this expectation at we should want to work on finishing. Sometimes starts are the best medicine. You've definitely got a very fun start with those churn dashes.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like the new blocks.

Danny Scott said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]