Monday, May 4, 2020

Growth

How boring my blog must be to readers.  Nothing happening in my life other than work, reading and quilting, and I've been working on the same quilt for weeks now.  It is growing slowly, and bringing me great joy, a true scrap quilt that has me digging into piles and drawers looking for smaller scraps to use up and combine in fun ways.

Of course, I imagine most everyone's life is like that these days, one day looking much like the day before.  Thank goodness for books to give me some excitement, whether I am reading in the hammock like I did this weekend, or listening to an audiobook while I stitch.

I'm linking with Oh Scrap and Monday Making.

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I enjoy seeing the progress on your quilts, love this one, so lovely! My blog is the same, every Sunday I post the slow progress of my hand quilting then during the week talk about what I'm working on. If people don't like how I work, they don't need to read my blog! Happy stitching!

mebaker said...

I love checking email and seeing a blog post. It's not boring. It means you are alive and well. I have been sewing, walking and gardening. Today it is suppose to rain so I hope to add reading to the list. Thankfully we are well here. Praying E is still well. Hugs to you dear friend. Sure do miss you!

Julie Fukuda said...

Sure isn't boring to me. I love how this is moving along. Boring might be my outer quilt border #4. At least when that is done I cn put on the binding and get to something else.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilt. I'm enjoying watching it grow.

Michelle said...

You could never be boring!! Love how this is turning out. Finally got a hammock yesterday to celebrate submitting my final project so I can join you virtually :-)

Debbie said...

I love the inspiration of your patchwork. It makes me want to finish some of mine.
So yes, you are NOT boring. We all are having a case of homebound blue.

Nann said...

Your work in progress is calm and soothing. Routines can be good, especially during uncertain times like these. (So, what are you reading and listening to?)

Vivian said...

No one could find the progress of a quilt like this boring! Just seeing it go from one to four to nine to sixteen blocks in just three posts has me excited! Only sorry I'm late to the viewing party otherwise this would probably already be on my Quarantine Quilting list. Definitely going on the "Scrap Quilt To Do" list though so thanks for the link to the source blog post with the piecing specifications. Keep Quilting, Keep Calm and Keep Happy!