Friday, March 13, 2020

Hitting the reset button

This winter, life has been crazy hectic!  I've been squeezing some sewing time in while running full speed at work and parenting my teenage boys (who are relentlessly creative about finding ways to get into trouble). But then, a week ago, it all came grinding to a halt.  My heart goes out to all whose health and/or livelihood is affected by this current crisis.  Luckily (knock on wood), my family is healthy and we are on vacation from school anyway, so our lives haven't been that disrupted.  My kids may be bored, but honestly, apart from this being a scary pandemic, this time at home has been a dream come true for me!

I read the entire book club book BEFORE the book club meeting for next month!  That right there is a sign that these are crazy times!  While I read A LOT (I've read or listened to 17 books since January 1), I somehow never seem to find time to read the book club selection!

I've also been sewing up a storm while listening to audiobook after audiobook.

I've pulled out my Grandmother's Flower Garden UFO and have done some hand sewing.

I've pulled out my Carpenter's Wheel UFO and made two more blocks.
Can you see that a couple of my muslin pieces are a different, lighter muslin?  Oh well!
I finished my 2018 Temperature Quilt and now just need to figure out borders.
A pretty mild year!  I have LOTS of blue left over (blue was for cold!)
I made a couple more blocks for my String Shadows UFO.

I sewed a baby quilt top, and am currently contemplating...is it done?  Does it need borders?

I pulled out my leftover border blocks from my Sew Many Strips quilt and made two of the corner blocks so I can use this border treatment for another quilt - who knows what I'll put inside?

I've made a total of 11 Jewel Box Stars blocks so far as Leaders & Enders.

There is so much scrappy goodness that I can hardly choose what to work on at any given time.

In the meantime, I'm keeping calm, sleeping in, talking long, slow walks with the dog, and appreciating this time to hit the reset button.

5 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Wow, I just love all your projects. They are quite inspiring. Those scrappy Jewel box stars look like something I might try. With my tin of two-inch squares, that would make a good size block.

Janice Holton said...

Boy do I see a kindred spirit in you! Lots of scrappy and lots of different projects going on at once. I wish I was HALF as productive as you. Enjoyed taking a look at all your projects.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The baby quilt is finished (and cute). Lots of great projects. Hope you and the boys get to go back to work/school. Everything around here has been cancelled (including school). People are going crazy!!!! I can't work from home (I'm a caregiver for an elderly blind man) so I have to take the prescribed cautions. Not a problem. At least I'm not cooped up every day.

Michelle said...

There is just so much beauty in these photos, I don't know how you can decide what to work on next!

i could be the one said...

Interesting