Monday, November 18, 2019

Leading with my Leaders & Enders

Sometimes my Leaders & Enders project gets me so excited that I work on it exclusively.  That was me this weekend.  My husband's basketball team was in a tournament outside Philly, so I spent two afternoons watching his games on my computer so I needed something easy and mindless to work on.  For me, that is Bonnie Hunter's Leader & Ender challenge from summer 2018, Jewel Box Stars.  I'm adding scrappy sashing and cornerstones to let each of the stars shine.  Oh how scrappiness makes me happy!

When I wasn't sewing this weekend, I was knitting.  I visited WEBS yarn store and came away with some wonderful colorful yarns. both to make gifts and to make things for me. 

But when I got home and started putting the yarns away, I uncovered some other bits and bobs of yarn that I wanted to use up first, so I put the new projects on hold to knit up some leaf washcloths to take as a hostess gift when I go to dinner at a friend's house later this week.

Other bits and bobs will go into my Excavation Blanket, my go-to easy knit project as I travel and attend meetings these days.

Making puts me right in my happy place!

I'm linking up with Oh Scrap and Monday Making.

9 comments:

maggie fellow said...

great projects

Lynn said...

Looks like a great quilt, wonderful for using up scraps too.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like the sashing you put between the stars in your jewel box quilt. I just saw another jewel box quilt on another blog that hadn't used sashing. To me it was all a blur, the stars didn't shine. I really like the way your quilt looks, I'm being tempted now to start one! Thanks for sharing!

Nann said...

Sparkling jewels indeed! The sashing gives the blocks some breathing space.

Moneik said...

I'm so happy to hear I am not the only one who is still working on the jewel blocks as well as go crazy and work on my leader/ender more than my current project. I think I need to start assembling blocks, I've been making HST's for forever and I think I have enough to make stars now.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Quilting AND knitting scrappy projects? LOVE!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

I always find those Bonnie Hunter quilts attractive. I could probably make that block without a machine. Yours is so nice.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like those blocks.

التميز المثالي للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.