Sunday, October 13, 2019

New Life

There's a new baby soon to arrive in the life of one of my friends, so we all know what that means?  Time to make a baby quilt!  But time is scarce these days - in the world of college advising, we generally call October Suck-tober because it is such a grind of writing recommendation letters, proofreading essays, and generally just hand-holding our seniors through a stressful time.  So instead of starting from scratch, I went digging through my UFOs.

When I came across the color words made from 1.5" squares that I started back in August 2010 (how embarrassing to have a UFO that old!), I decided that one more color word, Purple,

would round out a rainbow of words.  Since some words are shorter than others, I'm making some wonky stars with four-patch centers to fill space. 

This should go together rather quickly, I think. 

I'm linking up with Oh Scrap and Monday Making.

12 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

This is a great idea! I'm sure it will be a wonderful quilt.

Miaismine said...

I love this idea for a baby quilt - it's never too early to introduce literacy! Plus you get a UFO finished! What a great duo! Awesome idea! Thank you for sharing!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looking cute. I have a UFO from 2005.

Jayne said...

How lucky that you had such amazing blocks tucked away for so long! They certainly came in handy for a quick finish...one that is going to be a beautiful baby quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great idea! it will be a fabulous baby quilt!

Crystal_235 said...

Love it!!

maggie fellow said...

I have been in love with letters this year - yours are great

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a fun quilt that is going to be!!!

Bonnie said...

That will be a really fun quilt for a baby. But honestly, a UFO from 2010 is embarrassing? I have blocks from late 1980s and the 1990s. I was on Prodigy and there was an active quilting community. Sometime I actually take a block set out and do something with them. I really like your letters. Fun quilt!

Peter parker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peter parker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Edi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.