Monday, February 18, 2019

Crushing my goals!

Usually, I set goals that turn out to be too lofty, but this time, I'm getting it done!  I finished piecing the second baby quilt:
I like this one better than the first.  Better balance.
AND both quilted and bound it before the weekend was over, right on schedule.

I will definitely be machine quilting with cross hatching again.  I love the look, and it was so easy! 
I had enough of this super soft yellow to back both quilts.  To bind this quilt, I used up this floral scrap.  I love the feeling of using up all of a fabric.  As much as I hate to see a fabric go, it frees me up to buy more with no guilt!
Today, I basted quilt number two

and I plan to start quilting it tonight, finish quilting it tomorrow, and get it bound by Wednesday so that I can wash and dry them on Wednesday night and deliver both quilts during faculty meeting on Thursday (both dads are back at work already).

It feels so good to finish something, rather than start it and then have it languish.  It helps that they are small baby quilts (both 40" square) and that I machine quilted them.  Whoever suggested cross hatch quilting to me after I stressed over stitch in the ditch for my last quilt - THANK YOU!  I love how it looks, and it was so easy to do!  I was worried that it would detract from the piecing, but, if anything, I think it enhances it.

I'm linking up with Monday Making and Oh Scrap.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Hooray for two great baby quilts! I love it when I get things made in time!

Auntie Em said...

Question: What do you get when you cross "crushing your goals" with pineapple quilts?
Answer: crushed pineapple!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cross hatch quilting is easy. Nice baby quilts.

Moneik said...

Awesome job Erin! I love the look of cross-hatching as well. It's one of the ones I teach in my beginning machine quilting class because so many are scared of it or don't know it's an option.