Sunday, October 7, 2018

Guilty quilting

I had so much fun getting back to sewing yesterday that I snuck in some sewing today, too!  Gonna have to double up on the recommendation letters tomorrow to make up for the time I spent sewing today, but it was worth it!

I revisited my On Ringo Lake quilt - I only had 31 blocks pieced, so I assembled another block today.
18 to go!

Meanwhile, I got to looking at my Leaders & Enders Challenge on the design wall

and decided it needed sashing and cornerstones.

I like it!  I'll let that marinate on my wall for a while.

And, I made two travel tissue covers for a co-worker who will be going to her grandmother's funeral on Tuesday.  Just wanted her to know I was thinking of her.
When asked, she first indicated a blue that she liked, and then said red, so I made her one of each color.  Only the blue one has tissues in it, though.
I'm hoping I can find a few moments to sew regularly this week, but most likely, it won't be until next weekend, if I am staying on schedule and doing the work I should be doing.

I'm linking up with Oh, Scrap and Monday Making.

5 comments:

Jayne said...

Love the Leaders & Enders quilt! I love it without the sashing, but also with it! Keep going...it's amazing!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You made some great progress. Hope you are able to find some time to sew. I find it helps keep my sanity :)

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Lisa C said...

I just turned my leaders and enders into a baby quilt top. I really enjoyed the blocks so I think I'm going to make another one. If I have a busy week, I tell Alexa to set a timer for 10 minutes. I can get a lot done in 10 minutes if I know it's all I have available that day. Have a good week!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Stolen moments? No! Much needed personal time. You've got some lovely projects on the go. SEW sweet of you to make tissue holders for your coworker!

Unknown said...

This is Superb. Your creative ideas always inspire me to try different with DIY and get rid of boring kinds of stuff.

Thanks!
stores that sell embroidery patches for clothes
stores that sell back patches for clothes