Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Chimney Rock Block

I was determined to catch up on my Westering Women BOM blocks before the new block was released today, and I did it!  I did the re-drafted (read: no Y seams!) version of the block, and while it isn't perfect, I'm quite pleased with it.

But, considering my aversion to Y seams, can you imagine my dread when I saw September's block, which was released today?
image credit: http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/2016/09/westering-women-9sage-bud-for-fort.html

I'm redrafting it, no question!

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Well done on your re-draft of the 'chimney' - i did that too. Yes, the next one has me rethinking the process and design.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The redrafted version looks great. Yes, the Sept block looks harder than all the rest.