Monday, April 25, 2016

Lounging & creating!

This was my the first weekend in about two months that I didn't have company.  While I LOVE having company, especially my family, I think it is considered poor form to hang out on the computer or in the sewing room when they are here, so I haven't had much time for either sewing or blogging.  But this weekend...

The view from my porch yesterday.  It was a glorious day, warm with a nice breeze, and I stayed put out there for hours, sometimes at the cast iron cafe table, but more often lying down on one of the wicker loveseats!
I spent yesterday on my porch: snacking, reading, knitting, counting my blessings.

Then, when the sun went down, I moved down to the sewing room and got to work.  I've been working on blocks for my guild's Comfort Quilts program - they are quite easy and addicting to make.

I'm also finding these strippy flippy scrappy happy blocks quite addicting, too!  I think I'll finish this row and then add one more full column.  After that, I'm thinking a thin, orange inner border and a scrappy piano keys border.

Look at all the violets that have arrived in the mail from my Block Lotto winnings!

And finally, I never jumped on the Granny Square Quilt Block wagon, but I've been wanting to try one ever since I first saw them.  Of course, I didn't want to have to cut all those individual squares, so this was my first attempt, playing around with sewing strips together and subcutting.  I still need to tweak my process, but I think there is a Granny Square quilt in my future.
It's been a wonderful couple of creative days!  I'm linking up with Oh, Scrap! and Monday Making.

7 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lucky you winning all those pretty violet blocks! Thanks for sharing all of your fun blocks with Oh Scrap!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Sounds like a blissful weekend!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I can hear the enjoyment in your voice! Yes, what a blissful time you spent enjoying your view with lovely weather and then all the stitching. It would be my idea of heaven too. Love all your blocks. Continued Happy Stitching.

Julie Fukuda said...

You man not have time for blogging but the creative juices are still running strong. THAT is a post full of inspiration and creativity. I can hear some of my cut scraps calling for me to put them together like yours.

beth s said...

You're making me want to jump on that granny square train! ;)

Moneik said...

I've been making mini granny squares this week and I love them. They are one of my favorite blocks.

m. said...

What a delightful post. I enjoy all your pictures (that must have been a lovely day on that porch!), but I'm especially drawn to your "strippy flippy scrappy happy" blocks! I must try that!