What I mean by bullet points is that I have been wanting to blog, but haven't found the time. To expedite things, I decided to blog updates in bullet point format today.
- I knew we'd owe taxes this year, so I waited until Sunday to work on them. I set the stage for an enjoyable experience - pulled out the teapot, put on some music -
but it didn't work. We took a major hit this year. Ouch! Rice and Ramen Noodles for the rest of the month!
- To make myself feel better, I made something for myself. Two somethings, actually. Check out my new Business Card Holders,! (I used this tutorial.)
They sure beat the rubber band I usually have wrapped around them! I was so tickled after my presentation today when people asked for one - I may have brandished my new Business Card Holder a bit more than necessary while extracting the cards...
- Now I want to make a matching bi-fold wallet, using the tutorial here, and whip up this Jean Pocket Purse to put them in on my casual weekend jaunts!
- Dinner has been hit or miss in the Hutchinson household lately. Tonight it was Chinese. Last night it was Subway. But wherever we are, they must have fruits and veggies. And my sure-fire way to get my kids to eat veggies? Let them build their own kebabs to put on the grill!
|Donald liked the red onions best!|
|Jason pretending to eat a raw shrimp. Grossing me out is one of his favorite past times.|
- Most of you have received your Hurricane Sandy Quilt Project Thank You postcard by now, but I still have some where I don't have a complete address. Could the following people, if you are reading this, please email me with your mailing address? I don't want to leave you out!
H Heyes, VA (yours was returned as undeliverable for some reason)
N. Gilbert, New Zealand
T. Macomb, not sure where you are from
A. McElroy, United Kingdom
P. Dungar, not sure where you are from
Lane from TX
I think there are a few others, too, but wouldn't you know I left everything at the office today! If you participated in the project but haven't received a postcard from me, would you please email me your mailing address? Thanks!
There's more to say, but I'm tired. See you around the blogosphere!