Friday, February 10, 2012

Commemorative quilts

My dad would have turned 70 this month.  I sure do miss him, but having photos of him around the house and the quilt I made from his t-shirts hanging in my sewing room brings a smile to my face as I think of him often.  So imagine my delight to see that this weekend's quilt show at the Quilting Gallery is Commemorative Quilts.  I just had to enter the one I made for my dad.  I just checked out all the quilts over there, and there are some beauties and some heart-warming stories.  I encourage you to take a look, and if you are so moved, to vote.  You can vote for up to FIVE quilts this week!

http://quiltinggallery.com/2012/02/10/commemorative-quilts/

Have a great weekend, everyone!  We have a guild meeting with a TRUNK SHOW tonight, so I am PUMPED!  I'm hoping it will rev up my creative juices - I haven't felt like sewing much since last weekend.  In fact, I haven't felt like doing much except eating and sleeping.  Not a good combination!

4 comments:

Shay said...

I popped on over and left you a vote Erin. Your Dad's quilt is wonderful. What a lovely way to remember him.

Kitty Pearl said...

Nice of you to let the family borrow Dad's quilt when they need him nearer. You made a true heirloom :) Thanks so much for sharing. And Happy Birthday to Dad --Kitty Pearl

PS: Thank you too, Shay, for visiting and voting.

JanetK said...

That is really nice - good luck!

Hey, I also wanted to let you know I gave you a "Versatile Blogger Award" on my blog today! entropyundone.blogspot.com

joe tulips said...

I started looking at the quilts on Friday, but never went back to vote! Luckily I saw this and headed back to vote. I wish we could give 5 votes to one!