Friday, December 3, 2010

All I want for Christmas...

Quilt blog buddies, this post isn't really for you. You can read, of course, but this is my annual list for my family who always wants to know what I want for Christmas. But who knows, maybe you'll get some ideas for yourself...

What I want for Christmas is that we all get to hang out together, playing games, eating homecooked food, sharing deep conversations snuggled up in front of a fire with tea and popcorn. I want all of our children to strengthen the bonds with their cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. I want big breakfasts and sleeping in and everyone pitching in to get done what needs doing so we all feel like we are on vacation together. I want snow for the kids to play in and heat in the house for us to warm up in, and hot cocoa - not hot chocolate from a mix. But if you feel the need to get me something more, something to go under the tree, well then...

I don't usually go all domestic, but a bread machine would make me SO happy! Eating fresh bread at mom's last month was such a treat, but I truly don't have time to do all the mixing, kneading, etc, myself.




My feet are perennially cold. I've asked my hubby for slippers for every occasion for years now, and still, I scurry around in socks. Any slippers will do, but I prefer warm and fuzzy. Fun colors and styles won't hurt either.


Country music makes me happy. I don't own an Ipod; I still use CDs. I don't have these, but I sure would like to have them.





And wouldn't I look great singing along with some Western shirts? I only have one or two, and they are cordouroy. I'd love some cotton ones, and again, fun colors and styles are always welcome. With the snaps, of course, so my shirt will just breakaway if I get snagged on a fence or something while I am roping calves...






You can never go wrong with quilting supplies, books, notions. And finally, if you make me something, I promise to cherish it!

What's on your list?

8 comments:

Char said...

Erin, your non purchased requests brought tears to my eyes. It sure would be great to get together with quilt buddies. I could use some girl only time.

I asked for slippers this year also. The funny thing about that is, the last time I asked, I got 3 pair.

regan said...

Your list is great....I want some of that, too!

Be very careful, though, about asking for quilty stuff.....I told my hubby to tell my grown sons that all they needed to do was go into any quilt shop and ask for fat quarter bundles....and I would love any and all that arrived! What I got was a 3 yard cut of cheater fabric! Eeek!

Happy Holidays!

MsBe said...

Ooooooo- I am so excited about Christmas this year, and your blog has stoked the fires! I can't remember the last Christmas we were all together! It's gonna be so much fun! And snow would be awesome too! DJ and I are coming down on the 17th. Your list is great.
Love you.

Cheryl Willis said...

my daughter buys bread makers at the thrift shop ($4.) she has worn out a couple but has three that still mix, only one still bakes. This year we are getting her pans to do her baking.
she mixes her own pizza dough, all her breads and rolls and even make noodles with hers.
hopefully your brother is on the lookout for a popcorn maker! cw

Judi said...

Love the list. I'll have to come up with one of my own. I need some of the shirts for my "Em" inspired boot purchase.

Wilma Lee said...

We have so much in common, lol. I have asked for a breadmaker too, and my ringtone on my phone is It's a Quarter After 1.. I have also asked for an iPad...

Shay said...

I have a bread maker. I use it about once a year ...I wonder if it still works.

Love your list - hope you get everything on it.

Amy said...

I hope ya get all you ask for and then some!good to see your photos for Em's giveaway!! love the letters,Merry Christmas to You and your family