Sunday, October 31, 2010

Frightfully fun weekend!

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to fit any sewing in this weekend, but I did! It doesn't have a name or a purpose, but this 45"x48" lap/baby quilt can now come down off my design wall,

making room for the plaid Dresden Plate that is consuming my thoughts these days. Lots of scraps got completely used up in the making of this quilt, which makes me happy. And if I am counting correctly, 65 different fabrics appear in this quilt. Lots to look at.

While at a Halloween/birthday party this afternoon, I managed to start appliqueing down another Dresden Plate - just three of the nine plates left before I can start sewing it all together. I'd love to get all those plates done this week so I can start top assembly next weekend.

I fear my children and I should also do a sugar detox this week. They had Halloween parties at school on Friday. After I worked Saturday morning, we spent all afternoon and evening at a Halloween party. This afternoon we went to another party,

(the two Grim Reapers are mine) and then finished the night with some Trick-or-Treating. We've had so much sugar even my prodigious sweet tooth is screaming, "UNCLE!" I'm thinking fresh fruit smoothies for breakfast - we need something made by nature, not made by mixing corn syrup with artificial coloring. How was YOUR Halloween weekend?

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Beautiful quilt. I love scrappy quilts too, and I love being able to pull from my stash. Did you design this one yourself?

I need a sugar detox after this week. We got into the Halloween candy early and I'm so sick of chocolate now. I NEVER thought I'd be saying that haha.

Hope you and the kiddies had fun. And I'm glad you're enjoying being at home for a bit after your mad traveling spree!

Shay said...

I want to celebrate Halloween!!!

I want a sugar headache and achy teeth!

Love the quilt and hope you get to show us the dresden top next weekend too.

Stomping off to see if we have ANY lollies here.

Wilma Lee said...

Love that quilt!!! And your boys are scary, lol.

Judi said...

I love that your dog is looking out the door behind the boys. Your quilts are always fabulous. Oh great word verification for you today skimps

Becky said...

Your quilts are always so bright and cheery to look at! Are you bouncing off the walls from the sugar??!! Glad you had a fun weekend!

Char said...

Erin, I'm lovin' all the color in that new quilt. It's perfect for scraps.
Glad you and the boys had fun this weekend. Do you believe my 18 year old daughter actually went out trick or treating? She went as Freda Kahlo (unibrow and all)!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Erin, love the scrap quilt, you know they are my favorite. Your boys are adorable as always.

Riel Nason said...

65 different fabrics is absolutely the way to go! I like your dog in the door in the picture with his glowing Halloween eyes.

Michelle said...

The boys are so cute! Looks and sounds like you had a great time! I haven't gotten any sewing done and this week will be difficult as I have to big midterms. Maybe in about ten days or so?