Thursday, August 5, 2010

In the red

While in the parking lot at the pool yesterday, Jason lost another tooth - his second in two weeks, and the fourth lost tooth in the family in the last 6 weeks. If they keep losing teeth at this rate, they are going to bankrupt me!

Speaking of being in the red, after we returned home from the pool, I went down to the quilt studio determined to sew together the rows of my ribbon quilt so I could get it off my design wall. But I had just a tiny bit of red thread on a spool on the machine left over from my CD holder project so I decided to sew together some of my red 1.5" squares to use that up before switching spools. Well, I got carried away.

I love making words with these scraps. I'll never make a dent in my stash or my scraps if I keep using such tiny pieces, but this was a fun exercise. The beginnings of a color quilt perhaps...

The ribbon quilt remains on the design wall, untouched.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a quilter it is easy to get distracted...I think it is just the way our brains are geared! I have been slow at blogging lately so trying to catch up this morning. I love the cd holder!

Moneik said...

I always feel great when I do something other than planned. It revitalizes me and I know the other project is still waiting for me. Cute letters.

Cheryl Willis said...

This month we are doing letters in the class i am teaching. I have been wanting to do some for a couple of scrap quilts.

When I wrote out the schedule I just put down things I wanted to do, amaging how many gals sign up to learn with me.

gotta brag, I got a lg garbage bag of flannel last night, have not gone through it yet, a friend teaches home ec and instead of fleese they did a flannel project. If there is enough I will kit it up for charity quilts. I will try send you what is not going to be used. (more zebra print!!)

Em said...

I love love the idea of a color word quilt and each time I see a color in your style I think of my quilt you made me!!!! Have you checked out Tonya at Lazy Gal Quilting? She is the word maestro!!!