Thursday, December 31, 2009

A new quilting convert!

On Christmas Eve, I got water!

On Christmas Day, my husband and children came home!!

On Monday, my twin sister and her family came to stay with us!!!

As you can tell, life just keeps getting better. We've been having a good time playing with our four kids, running (OK, running isn't fun, but I feel virtuous for having done it), quilting (me) and knitting (my twin) while watching Season Seven of Gilmore Girls, and generally just hanging out. Today, I taught her how to make a flannel rag quilt. I am so impressed that she got it all done, save the seam snipping, which she is working on as I type.

She ironed,


she cut,



she sewed,


and voila!



A new convert!

10 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Oh, very very good. Happy New Year to all of you.

Bootzey said...

It's a Christmas miracle!

Becky said...

That looks great for a first effort!! You must be a good teacher!

Angela said...

Fantastic! Welcome to our addiction! :o)

Unknown said...

Yay, a new quilter has been born!! Glad you are having a great time! Happy New Year!

Cheryl Willis said...

feels great doesn't it, I just love getting to work with newbies. I have a couple of friends from church that are taking to quilting and I am just thrilled when they make something to suprise me. One did a paper pieced block using some of my scraps. Took her several hours but she was so proud. The block looked great!
I know you and sis will have many more projects under your belts in the coming year. be good cw

Anonymous said...

Does she know how blessed she is with an instructor like you! The pattern is not newbie. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Glad you have water, family fun, and a sister to share it with! Sisters are the best...I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to have a twin! Happy New Year. May you have much happiness and joy in 2010!

jan said...

Well done, that looks so cosy and warm, betcha she dont stop at one... well done to the fab teacher too.
Jan

Nancy said...

Wow! She, and you, should feel very happy about her finishing up a quilt during their visit.