Friday, March 19, 2021

It's been five years...quilt blocks up for adoption

 Edited 3/23: The Random Number Generator chose #1, so I have emailed the first commenter for a mailing address.

I used to participate in the now-defunct Block Lotto, and loved making new blocks every month.  I even won once or twice!  Five years ago I won some blue and purple Birds In The Air blocks, but never got around to putting them together.  Probably because blues and purples just don't inspire me (I'm an autumn).  Anyway, it is time to let them go.  

These are just up on my design wall, not sewn together
These are the nine blocks I made - the rest came from other quilters

Leave a comment if you are interested in adopting these 50 6-inch blocks.  If more than one person expresses an interest by noon EST on Monday, March 22, then I will choose a winner by Random Number Generator.  I will ship to US and Canada.  Please include your email address if you are a no-reply blogger.  

I am linking up with Cynthia's Quilty Orphan Adoption Event.

14 comments:

Quilting Tangent said...

The blocks would make pretty pillow cases and the colors work for me. I don't have to sew all those tiny triangles. Count me in. 24Tangent@gmail.com

Nann said...

I remember making those for the Lotto! (But I'll let someone else win your offer.)

The Joyful Quilter said...

I would LOVE to turn your blocks into a quilt for this year's Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Drive!! Here's hoping Mr. Random picks me. :o))

kt said...

I am a blue and purple gal! Would love to adopt your blocks. Once school gets out for the summer I plan on doing lots of sewing and finishing some quilts for my guild's comfort quilt program. Thanks for sharing!

Lee said...

Those colors are lovely to me! I would love to use them for a quilt for my new home. Lee_gifford@hotmail.com Thanks!

Joyful Quilter said...

I'm not much of a purple person but I have the perfect border fabric.

Amanda Best said...

I love blue and purple! I would put these with some pretty blocks I have from a blue star swap. Very pretty.
My email is: bestbelle2010@aol.com

joe tulips said...

I miss the block lotto! I would love these blocks! I have my own small stack of these blocks and I don’t remember why I would have them. Maybe I made extra?

Darlene said...

I would love to finish your quilt. Thanks darlene dhoctor@sbcglobal.net

Quilting Babcia said...

I'll be happy to throw my hat in the ring for these blocks. Our quilt ministry group is always happy to turn unfinished projects into comfort quilts. Thank you for your generous offer.

Heather H. said...

So pretty! I want them, too! Thanks!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Those are lovely! I like how you have them set on the design wall. Add me to the list of those who would be glad to take them off your hands.

Cathy said...

OMG, it’s a small world. I used to do the Block Lotto too, and when Sophie had to back out, Nann and I ran it for the last year. Anyway, I’d love to win those blocks. I am participating in Hands2Help this year too. My chosen charity is the local Quilts for Kids chapter here in Salt Lake City for which I make 4-6 quilts per month. Winning these would be a great jump start on another quilt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohh aren't those pretty! I have that pattern on my bucket list and yours are so pretty! Count me in ;-)