Sunday, March 7, 2021

Just five more days...

 Just five more days until spring break...I can make it!  I am tuckered out and in desperate need of a break!  I didn't sew nearly as much as I had hoped this week, but I did manage to finish my March Bee Blocks 



as I made some progress with the scrap pile.  Of course, the bag doesn't look any less full, but I've cut quite a few more block components for my various projects.  I think I'll pin pieces together so when I have a few minutes here and there this week I can get some blocks sewn up.  I'm the type who usually just cuts the pieces for one block, then sews them together, rinse, repeat, not the type to cut out a whole quilt and then sew it all together, so having a bunch of pieces cut already is novel to me.  If I sew up everything I have cut out already, that's quite a few more blocks to add.  We'll see!

In other crafting news, I belong to a Buy Nothing Facebook group, and look at what I scored this weekend!  I tied a quilt some years back with buttons, and have been itching to do that again, so I was keen to get more buttons, but some of these buttons really make me want to knit up a garment to feature them.

Some of my favorites:

I love big buttons on hand knits

I can see this holding a cape closed at the throat

I'm ready to knit up a cabled cardigan just to use these beauties!

Can you say baby sweater??

And who is this cute little critter?  Reminds me of a Sandra Boynton character...

So retro! I see another cardigan in my future.


I'm linking up with Oh Scrap and Monday Making.

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

It's hard to wait for a vacation but it's coming! Hopefully you'll have time to piece more blocks. They're very pretty, happy stitching!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What is the name of your Bee block? I don't think I've ever seen that block before. Have fun with the buttons.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great score on that button jar!! Enjoy your time off.

Nann said...

The blocks pulled me in -- and what a delightful button assortment!