Monday, April 27, 2020

Mining my scraps

I continue to work from home, grateful for both the distraction of it as well as the paycheck.

I continue to deepen my relationship with my boys; we were starting to drift apart here in their teen years, but we've been having some good times lately - exercising together, practicing Spanish on Duolingo together, cooking together, having late night chats, watching cringe-worthy movies, even making some TikTok videos (I refuse to get drawn down that rabbit hole, but the boys have cast me in a couple of their productions).

And I continue to sew, losing myself in my piles of scraps, loving the way this quilt top is coming together.

I'm pretty sure this one will be for me, for summer picnics and for snuggling up in the hammock.  To me, this quilt is clamoring to be used heavily, to accompany me on my adventures.

I'm linking up with Oh Scrap and Monday Making.

5 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like how that quilt is turning out. Glad you have been getting closer to your sons. That can be difficult.

Debbie said...

What memories you have created with your boys! Oh, how I miss having my kids around. I love how you can balance family, work and quilting. Love your blocks! Perfect scrap project!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your current project is SEW wonderful!! It looks like it will be a cozy and inviting quilt. Enjoy the process AND the product!

Sam said...

Loving the look of that quilt. And I do agree that it is for heavy usage.

Michelle said...

I love the opportunity that this slower pace has provided us with. It seems that we were always on the run. Even though we don't spend every evening together playing games or doing puzzles, my girls will often gather to watch a movie together. Tempers sometimes fly high (happens with 4 girls) but they love each other and really enjoy each other's company. We've been baking and doing some sewing also.

I love your current project!! I have several to work on. I need to finish cleaning out the barns and garage and then I can really dedicate time to quilting. I have made sure that I quilt (I hand quilt) for at least 15 minutes a day. I've been lucky to commit 30 minutes each day so that's pretty good. Have a wonderful week!