Friday, August 2, 2019

Sew Many Strips DONE!

Despite a long day of playing chauffeur and nursemaid to my family before working tonight, I squeezed in just enough sewing time to fix yesterday's goof and finish the Sew Many Strips top.  I love it!  Time for me to find a longarm quilter so I can get it finished and on my bed.

Turns out, I got a little carried away and made too many border units.  No worries - I really like this border, so I may make just a few more and use them to go around a smaller (baby? lap?) quilt.

Maybe I can make a center out of my overflowing HST bin.

But first, I am determined to finish my Good Fortune quilt top.

Just five more blocks to go before I can sew the center together.  I think I've created all the border units already, but I'd have to double check.  My goal is to have this top done before  Labor Day.  Since I have only two working days left before I get three weeks off, I think it is an achievable goal.

Knocking out the UFOs and busting the stash feels so good!

I'm linking up with Oh Scrap and Monday Making.

10 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I really love the finish. Good luck on finding a quilter that will do it justice. It really feels good to finally finish off those that have been waiting in line for a while. Every now and then I have to put a project on hold while making another baby quilt or table runner. After so many years of kids and jobs, I thought things would quiet down, but I only seem to get busier and busier.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice finish. With so much done on the BH quilt, it will be done soon, too.

Auntie Em said...

I love scrappy quilts, and yours turned out beautifully!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love your 'sewmanystripes' quilt, so full of scrappy colour!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Absolutely love it...all that delicious scrappiness...can't wait to see it quilted...

Moneik said...

I love seeing your scrappy quilts. I need to finish my On Ringo Lake quilt too. I have made a big dent in it, but still a ways to go with making the blocks.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is beautiful!!!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your So Many Strips quilt is beautiful, congratulations!! And your Good Fortune is looking amazing, too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on both your newly AND nearly finished quilt tops. Love them SEW much!!

Kimbo said...

Did you get your quilt back from the Longarmer? I'd love to see how it looks completed.